Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Out and about on the Kent U Campus

So today I had the chance to go up to the University of Kent campus ... where the Lambeth Conference is happening ... and wander around a bit.

I started out in the "Sports Hall" where the exhibits are set up in the "Market Place."


From there I went on a little explore to make sure our makeshift kiosks for "The Lambeth Witness" were where we'd put them and that all was well in newsletter distribution land.

All was well.

In the process of wandering about, who should I run into but ...

... David Virtue. (Here we are -- taking a few minutes to "catch up" ... much to the amusement of a number of folks circulating about the lobby in the Grimond Building. From there, I went over to Darwin Hall where I got to spend a few minutes catching up with ...

... my OWN bishop ... +Jon Bruno. (I saw +Sergio earlier but didn't have the camera out at that point.) Jon was in great spirits and finding the conference, from his perspective "going well ... so far."
So back I headed to the Market Place where -- serendipitously -- I spied the Bishop of New Hampshire on a walkabout ... here greeting an admirer from I-don't-know-where ...

... and then having getting "hugs all around" from brother bishops +Curry and +Gibbs who were vestment shopping.


"It's totally you!"

I left +Gene talking with a member of the Irish press, having been called back down to Darwin, where -- rumor had it -- the Archbishop of the Sudan was about to show up and announce that he disapproved of the actions of the American Episcopal Church. (Amazing what some people think is news!)

So they were right and here he came and off we went ...

... to get our responses written, our blogs blogged, our newsletter written and ...

... EDITED! Here's our crack team of international editors, hard at work getting every jot and tittle correct so we can start the process over again the next day ... getting The Lambeth Witness out into the hands of those gathered up on the Kent U Campus.

4 comments:

Caminante said...

Glad to see that finally a Mac has joined the crowd. After all, we are about 10% of the population.... Thanks again for all you are doing on our behalf.

Caz said...

Hope you are enjoying my childhood home from home, St Stephen's Church Hall (alright it took a photos before I twigged where you were based!). I've spend many hours there either with after service coffee, various events and also with Guiding as in term time it used a lot by local groups!

I have a soft spot for St Stephen's Church, more so now as I've moved away ... indeed absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Also I think you'll find quite a number of the congregation are donning yellow lanyards and volunteering at Lambeth in various guises....

Hope you have fun and enjoy your stay in Canterbury (hmm and being a C'bury girl I've yet to find a cathedral I like better!)

Lindy said...

I'm glad you are posting the pictures. You know, for us simple folk. I've enjoyed them. Thank you.

June Butler said...

Susan, your photos are great. I have a link to your site on my blog, but I don't click on it enough.

I love the "It's totally you!" picture of Bishop Gene. with the gold mitre.